Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Happy Organising

We've an unusually large amount of items to make at once at the moment:

13 celtic style tunics,

4 viking style tunics,

1 pair of trousers,

1 hooded cloak,

And finally 1 pair of leg bindings.

Thats lots to co-ordinate, especially with all the tunics involving two different fabrics and various embroideries. So I set up a system with labels and charts, which so far appears to be working. Everything is cut and we're ready to start the next stage.

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

The Floral Fifties

I just finished this little commission. Its a copy of an 1953 vintage shirtwaist, the original was a plain dark grey and the fabric had worn a bit too thin to be wearable.

I found the fabric in a lovely little shop called the cloth shop just off Portobello Road in London, the people inside were unbelievably friendly, i've never had my fabric cut with such a genuine smile before.


Leather Leaves

These are some leaves made out of veggitan leather we made at The Custom Costume Company. We traced the shape, cut it out with a craft knife, dampened the leather then added the details with scouring and stamping. I've never worked with leather before and I really enjoyed it, though it doesman have kill your hands, I had little in the way of fingers left after doing it and poor Denise got SRI. After doing the details we shaped them with our hands to make them more realistic and painted with leather dye.

Beaded Flowers

Just testing out this new fangled (well, to me anyway) blog from your phone app, lets see if it works...