Monday, 9 May 2011

Finally got round to it


Last September I started making this corset as a little project for myself. I had been gifted several historical patterns, so I thought I would try one out. It was a bit more of a challenge because they were entirely in French, but I got there.


It had been tucked away in a corner since then, finished apart from the bones, bias binding and eyelets. A friend very kindly offered to do a photo-shoot for my Wollaton costumes for me, so it gave me a push to finish it off so I could add it in.


I really like the shape of the front. According to Harriet, my flatmate who kindly agreed to model for the shoot, its really comfortable.


I think she quite enjoyed herself.
I don’t really have a use for it, so I’ve put it
in my etsy shop.


  1. Harriet looks gorgeous and I love that corset!
    I'd like an over the bust bust version of this please love! :D XX