Tuesday 23 November 2010

Why did I choose white silk?

I was warned against working with white silk, I knew the risks and I still took the plunge. Beginning to understand the reasons behind the warnings, I have spent more time cleaning my work area than anything else.
There are 3 separate layers to my swan skirt, all in slightly different shades of cream, all to be invisible stitched together by hand.
It took about an hour and a half to do the first seam (above), this was before I attempted the feathered seam at the bottom. In total it was about 10 hours of hand stitching, I thought it would be a mission, but I found it really therapeutic when I got into it.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product darling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This costume is going to be so impressive when it's complete. I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete