Monday 27 September 2010

Putting it together

All those little pieces that I cut out and mounted are gradually coming together into one big piece. I had to wait for the busk to arrive in the post before I could start, and I eagerly got too it as soon as it did.
This is the most complicated corset I have attempted so far, it has some curves and shapes than I'm not used too, so I don't think I put it together in quite the order, or with the method, that I should. But I'm pretty pleased with it so far.
I got to use my boning channel tape because the bones don't sit on the seams like I'm used to. The inside is a bit patchwork, but I kind of like it.

I didn't get the gussety bit quite right, I didn't tuck the edge over far enough for it to be caught by the stitch line in a few places, so I invisible stitched it down.
The way the pattern is, whenever you have two pieces of fabric to join together, one piece will have a 1.5cm seam allowance, and the other piece will have a 0.5cm seam allowance. There must be a reason for this, maybe I should be boning the channels? But I just can't work out how it would work, so far I've been drawing in the seam allowance lines and carefully matching them up, but there has to be a better way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment