Wednesday 7 July 2010


Flatmate-Weathers' corset is nearly done. Its not quite fully boned yet,and I still have to do the bias-binding around the top and the eyelets so it can be laced (it was being held by Weathers and her boyfriend Shum for the photograph).
I thought the differently coloured panels would have a slimming effect. But it took me by surprise by how greater an optical illusion it created.
I didn't have enough budget to buy fabric to make my own bias-binding, so I bought some pale pink satin ready-made stuff from John Lewis. I found the satin wasn't as nice to work with as the silk (not unexpectedly), but it does still look pretty, and picks out the pink colour in the flowers - in real life anyway. I must learn to take my pictures before it gets dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment