Wednesday 7 July 2010

Goodbye fingertips

Today I did all the finishing off stages on Ron's corset (the one with the belt of appliqué panels). The majority of this was bias binding, measuring cutting it out, sewing it on the front with the machine, and invisible stitching it onto the lining.
I enjoy the hand sewing parts, though this corset was harder than usual, the lining layer was cortile. So instead of the nice thin silk or cotton like I had sew through before, I had extra extra thick material that really doesn't appreciate having a needle shoved into it. To the point I even had to use pliers a couple of times.

But now its finished, with a tiny 18" waist when its fully closed. We are doing a photo shoot on Sunday so I will be able to show its full glory then.

No comments:

Post a Comment